Common "Obesity" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


A person is considered obese when their body mass index (BMI) is more than 30 kg/m2. BMI is calculated by dividing your weight by the square of your height in meters. Obesity is caused due to lack of physical activity, overeating, hormonal disturbances, genetic susceptibility, certain medications, or some psychological illness.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am a 55-year-old obese woman with plantar fasciitis. My CBC reports show elevated immature granulocyte count. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55-year-old female who is currently overweight, though I have successfully lost 60 pounds and aim to lose an additional 100 pounds. I recently received my CBC results, and I noticed that my immature granulocyte levels are higher than the normal range. Specifically, my immature ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. I have gone through the reports you have attached (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). I want to reassure you that there is no immediate cause for alarm. The elevated levels of immature granulocytes could potentiall...  Read Full »

I have had a short menstrual duration for the past three years and my ultrasound indicates polycystic ovaries. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the doctor last week for a checkup. I have a light period (usually my menstruation lasts for one or two days) but I get my period every month on the same date. I am facing this problem for about three years. Four years back, when I was 19 years old, I was very obese, and I ...  Read Full »

Dr. J. N. Naidu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I appreciate that you have chosen icliniq for your medical needs. I suggest you do the following: Increase physical activity slowly by doing yoga, pranayama, etc. for 45 minutes daily. Eat more boiled vegetables and fruits. Avoid junk foods, carbonated beverages, i...  Read Full »

I am concerned about the risk-associated relationship between obesity, heart disease, and diabetes. Kindly explain.

Query: Hello doctor,I have heard about the connection between obesity and certain medical conditions like diabetes and heart disease. Can you please explain how obesity increases the risk of developing these conditions and the steps needed to take to mitigate the same? Kindly suggest.Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. Obesity indicates the storage of extra fats or adipose tissues in the body with an increased risk of heart disease and diabetes. Fat accumulation in the body can lead to hypertension (increased blood pressure) and cardiovascular diseases ...  Read Full »

I have done a cystectomy, but a cyst has formed again. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old female and have obesity. My weight is 103 kg, and my height is 167 cm. My period is always irregular because of my weight. Last year, I had a cyst that required a surgery to remove the cyst. After that, I had regular checkups with my doctor. As my period was irregula...  Read Full »

Dr. Manwani Saloni Dilip

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern about recurring ovarian cysts. From the history you provided, the cystectomy was done last year, and you have taken the pills recently for three months. The cyst could have grown when you were not taking the tablet Yasmin but must not ha...  Read Full »

What can I do to reduce my weight?

Query: Hi doctor, My weight is 293 lbs, height is 5.6 feet, male, suffering from obesity problems. Kindly help me in reducing my weight.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Most important thing is to balance your eating and drinking with a good physical activity. Start the day with warm water with lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey. Followed by another glass of warm water. Then, have breakfast, toast with boiled egg, or rice. Have so...  Read Full »

My period is delayed after protected sex. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,My last period was two months ago, and after that I did not get any periods. I had protected sex with condom as soon as my periods ended. So after one months I took urine pregnancy test and the result was negative. I have gained excess weight and my diet got changed to rich diet. Please he...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for your query, Abnormal, prolong, scanty or irregular periods with weight gain, abnormal hairs growth are the signs and symptoms of polycystic ovarian syndrome. I suggest you to have a serum bets human chorionic gonadotropin immediately to check your pregnan...  Read Full »

Will my gynoid fat body change after changing my diet and starting exercise?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old male. I am not under any medication. Last year I had a blood analysis, in which I had t levels in the low normal range and estrogen levels in the normal upper range. Since puberty, I have been obese. Almost all my fat is gynoid, giving me a pear body shape. This is o...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I just read your query and would like to say that secondary hypogonadism is a condition in which the testes produce decreased testosterone. The causes can be functional such as weight gain, anabolic steroids, stress physical and mental, and recreational drugs. This i...  Read Full »

I am a 19-year-old female with absent periods for the past 70 days and a negative urine pregnancy test. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 19-year-old female with a height of 5 '4 feet and weighs 166 lbs. I have not got my period for 70 days. I have started getting nauseous at night or sometimes during the day. I also have a stuffy nose. My longest menstrual cycle period was 53 days. My two urinary pregnancy tests r...  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read your query, and I can understand your concern. From your history, I presume you have PCOD (Polycystic ovary disease). It is a congenital condition that you get from your parents. When you suddenly increase weight, the cholesterol gets converted into estroge...  Read Full »

I am concerned about not having any LH surge despite my follicles growing too large. What could cause this?

Query: Hello doctor,I had my mid-cycle scan yesterday on CD 11 after taking 5mg of Femara from days two to six. My reproductive endocrinologist informed me that I should be ovulating soon. However, despite testing with multiple ovulation predictor kits throughout the day, all results have been negative. Ye...  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan R

Answer: Hello,Welcome to one likes to hear this, especially women, but it is possible that your weight may be a contributing factor. You might have a tendency towards polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). PCOS is a congenital condition, meaning it is genetically programmed and inherited from your...  Read Full »

I am a 34-year-old male with grade 1 obesity. I also have intermittent apnea, snoring, and back pain. What is the best treatment option for me?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34-year-old male with a weight of 235.89 lbs and a height of five feet. I have a BMI of 33. I have obesity grade 1 which got complicated with snoring, intermittent apnea, waking up with weak and scattered joints, and back pain. My vital signs are within normal limits. There is n...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. Basically, a BMI (body mass index) of 33 puts you in a category of obesity. This needs to be addressed as early as possible, because the faster you lose weight the better your health will be. I would suggest you consume a ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.