Common "Std" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


STD, otherwise called sexually transmitted diseases, are infectious diseases that are transmitted through unprotected sexual intercourse. STDs can be transmitted through unprotected vaginal, anal, or oral sex with a person who is already infected. The common diseases are chlamydia, HPV infection, syphilis, gonorrhea, and HIV.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My partner rubbed her vagina on the precum while having sex. Is there a chance of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,My girlfriend was sitting on me naked while I was in underwear and it was soaked with cum and she was rubbing her vagina on it. Is there a chance of pregnancy? Kindly help.Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Kanani Darshan Jayantilal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Pregnancy can occur when sperm comes into direct contact with the vagina, resulting in the fertilization of an egg. In the specific scenario described, where sperm may travel through the fabric, the likelihood of pregnancy is generally considered low. It is crucial to...  Read Full »

I have antibodies for herpes type I, but not infected. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I made an STD test, and the doctor said that I have antibodies for herpes type 1 but not infected with the virus, exposed. Does this mean I am infected, and will these antibodies transferred to my partner or will disappear with time? I have attached the report. For mycoplasma, it is a...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The report says you have already infected with herpes. Did you have any unprotected sex with anyone? There are chances you can have an outbreak - symptoms of herpes. During the outbreak, if you have sexual contact, you can infect your partner. Once herpes is positive, ...  Read Full »

I have a red spot after having sex. Is it likely to be an STD?

Query: Hello doctor,I have itchy burning or pain sensation during urination since last four to five weeks. Prior to that I had sex with unknown person so I am thinking it could be STDs. The symptoms become more when the urine become more frothy such as after drinking beer or drinking little water. I am rea...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your query, based on your symptoms, it does appear that you might have either an STD or UTI, both of which are partner sure unprotected sexual contact. I would suggest you visit your local general surgeon or urologist for a detailed clinical examinatio...  Read Full »

I have itching and burning sensation in the vaginal area. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed a burning and itching sensation around the vaginal area. It has been going on for about three months, which comes and goes. However, it gets really bad after I have sex. I have not had sex for about two weeks, and the pain does not go away. I took a picture and noticed r...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query, and it is better to have the following investigations as the condition has been there for three months: Urine culture sensitivity. Urine analysis. High vaginal swabs. Local examination that might need skin scrapping from the lesions or swabs o...  Read Full »

I have a wound on my groin area. Is my partner at risk of HIV transmission if we have sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I hope you are doing well. I have a question regarding the risk of HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) transmission. Yesterday evening, I popped an ingrown hair on my groin area and it was bleeding. Today, about 14 to 18 hours later, I am supposed to have sex with my partner. I am conce...  Read Full »

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. Based on the information you provided, it is unlikely for the wound in your groin area to come into contact with vaginal secretions or blood during sexual activity. If your partner is free from sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), then there...  Read Full »

My boyfriend experiences itching and notices skin growth. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My boyfriend keeps complaining of irritation after every time we have sex. He says something is growing on his skin that does not necessarily itch. I do have a picture, but to me, it just looks like dry skin. It was after he doused himself in peroxide. I do not have any STD this could tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Madhav Tiwari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It does not look like an STD (sexually transmitted disease). Instead, it looks like dry skin and some angiokeratoma (small, discolored bumps) that form when capillaries get bigger or break open. The overlying skin thickens, leading to a rough or pebbly appearance. These...  Read Full »

I had sex with a person who has gonorrhea. Am I at risk?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed positive for UTI (Urinary tract Infection) and my pus cells result is too high. The doctor concluded that I might have STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease), but I do not feel anything aside from dysuria. He gave me a prescription for Unasyn and took it for one wee...  Read Full »

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query and understand your concern. Firstly, you must relax and not allow your condition to further worsen the mental stress that you already seem to bear. Whatever it is, it can be taken care of. Now note the following points; respond with the answers ...  Read Full »

I am experiencing big itchy clusters in the vaginal area that swell at times. What are they?

Query: Hello doctor, After unprotected intercourse, I developed multiple bumps on my vulva, which were not itchy at the time. They eventually expanded into big clusters throughout my vagina, and they now ache severely. I tried various vaginal infection remedies, but none of them worked. I tried Imiquimod l...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanap Sneha Umrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to It indicates that this is a sexually transmitted disease. This requires antibiotic therapy. Clotrimazole cream by itself will not help you. Here are some of the medications that I suggest you take. Tablet. Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily (Tetracycline), a tablet of Metr...  Read Full »

I have swollen testicles after a condom broke. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,I had sex with a sex worker a week ago, we used a condom but it broke, twice. The first time I felt it and immediately pulled out, the second time I did not notice when it broke but the worker said that she noticed and so she pulled my penis out. Then we stopped the sexual act after tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Shah Sushma Kant

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for your query. I understand your concern. Testicle swelling has a lot of causes such as tight-fitting undergarments, an unknown injury that might not be noticed, and driving a bike or car for a long time. So go to a general surgeon to consult the part of ...  Read Full »

How common is it for herpes infection to progress to encephalitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex with my partner about five months back. We both went for HIV tridot tests, VRDL tests, HBsAg tests after four months. All came back negative for both. Our medicine specialist did not advise herpes screening. We both have no lesions or bumps at all. Also, I am to...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand that you are concerned. Routinely we advise HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), HbsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen), HCV (hepatitis C virus), and VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory test) and Herpes serology for sexually transmitted diseases. Geni...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.