Common "Tuberculosis" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Tuberculosis (TB) is a highly contagious bacterial infection, that usually affects the lungs and can spread to other body parts like the brain, spine, stomach, etc. The bacteria Mycobacterium Tuberculosis causes it. The symptoms include persistent cough, blood in cough, chest pain, weight loss, chills, fever, and loss of appetite.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have been taking tuberculosis medicines for three months and my reports are all clear, but the doctor asked me to complete the course so that I can resume my sexual activity with my partner. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking tuberculosis medicines for three months and my reports are all clear. The doctor said that I am fine now but I should still complete the course so that I can resume my sexual activity with my partner. Please help. Thank you.   Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. I have gone through the attachment (attachment hidden to protect the patient’s identity). I would suggest you not worry about anything and yes, you can resume sexual activity with your partner. I hope this helps ...  Read Full »

My wife was diagnosed with GUTB and was tested positive for TB. After 2 months of fertility treatment, she complained of vomiting and giddiness.

Query: Hi, My wife was diagnosed with GUTB (Genitourinary Tuberculosis) and was tested positive for TB PCR. HSG showed blocked fallopian tube whereas USG showed normal ovaries and uterus. After 9 months of ATT (Antitubercular Treatment) her fallopian tube opened during the HSG test. Thereafter doctor start...  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your wife is suffering from tuberculosis and it affects her fallopian tube. Now she is suffering from PID, it may be because of tuberculosis or because of some other infection. She feels nausea because of PID or because of drugs used in conception. Please do...  Read Full »

Will CNS tuberculosis spreads from one person to another one?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old male, and I met my uncle in the ICU today, who is suffering from central nervous system tuberculosis. I met him for ten minutes, and I talked and shook hands. Now, I am worried about getting infected from him. Is CNS tuberculosis a communicable disease? What are the cha...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Central nervous system tuberculosis as such cannot be transmitted to a healthy young male like you. Pulmonary tuberculosis is a communicable disease. It is very unlikely to get the disease. Do not worry.   Read Full »

Should I go to the hospital for my tuberculosis treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I recently had a blood test that came back positive for tuberculosis. Since then I have had trouble booking an appointment with a specialist, and was wondering if I should go to the hospital. I have symptoms that include fever, chills, night sweats, a tiny amount of blood in my spit, sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Shubadeep Debabrata Sinha

Answer: Hi,Welcome to for your query. It is recommended that you visit the hospital and get further testing and treatment done. I am not sure how you got tuberculosis but there is a definite treatment, standardised worldwide. Directly observed treatment, short-course (DOTS, also known as ...  Read Full »

Should I get treated for my latent tuberculosis infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have done a left BKA (below the knee amputation) due to an automobile accident. I did a tuberculosis (TB) skin test recently and the result was negative. I had an IGRA (interferon gamma release assay) for work because I did not have enough time for a two-step and was positive. I had an ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect the patient’s identity) you have attached. Please reply to me with answers to the below-asked questions so that I can guide you better. 1. Any symptoms like cough, low-grade fever...  Read Full »

Will TB lungs exhibit honey comb damage in radiology?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 67-year-old female. I have a significant past medical history of tuberculosis (TB) and a lifetime history of bronchitis. My arthritis is currently being treated with Remicade. Last month, while in a temporary job I developed severe altitude sickness (SOB, fatigue, and confusion)...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from chronic bronchitis with rheumatoid arthritis with recently diagnosed with RA related interstitial lung disease or idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. You had a history of pulmonary tub...  Read Full »

My 1-year-old son has enlarged lymph nodes in the neck and his blood tests are negative for viruses. What could this be?

Query: Hello doctor,I brought my 1-year-old son who is 22 Ibs and 33 inches to the doctor due to what I thought was a hernia in his groin. He also has an enlarged lymph node in his neck. However, the doctor said that it was not a hernia. The blood test showed elevated liver enzymes and borderline low plate...  Read Full »

Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. An enlarged lymph node points to an infection in the body, which can be tuberculosis or any other chronic illness. FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) of the lymph node will tell about the size of the lymph node, whether they are matte...  Read Full »

Kindly confirm whether my child is affected by tuberculosis or bronchitis by verifying the reports.

Query: Hello doctor, I need to know whether my child is affected by TB or bronchitis? I have attached his ESR, blood test, TST and chest X-ray. Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Chandra Girdhar Lal Nagar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen the reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The very first thing why you suspected that your child may have TB (tuberculosis)? What are the problems he is having like prolonged cough, are any swelling in the neck or any contact with a p...  Read Full »

Why is there frequent wheezing without any known allergy?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5-year-old son has a wheezing problem right from one and a half years. A year back the doctor prescribed Foracort 100. I administered Foracort 1 puff daily for one year. Now, I have stopped it as adviced by the doctor. Still, he gets wheezing minimum one time a month and a maximum o...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Kumar Modi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Generally, we would label your son a recurrent wheezer at this age. Asthma is not a diagnosis of the tender age. Wheezing is generally associated with allergy and not always can be found with a blood test. It can be an allergy to dust, pollution, dampness, pets or anyth...  Read Full »

I have been having lower back pain for the past two years without any improvement. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28-year-old male, and I have been experiencing lower back pain only on the right side for the past two years. I was diagnosed with tuberculosis and I recovered within 12 months, but the pain still persists. I have done a CT scan, and MRI spine, but the results are normal. The ort...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for your query. I understand your concern. You have mentioned pain in your lower back region for the past two years. I reviewed your reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) initially diagnosed as a case of tuberculosis with D8 vertebra...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.