What Is Inguinal Granuloma
Which part of the body is the groin?
The groin is located at the root of the thigh, adjacent to the abdomen, and is an important part of the connection between the abdomen and the thigh. Due to its proximity to the external genitalia, it is often considered a private area.
Groin area is damp, airtight, often become healthy hidden trouble.
What's a granuloma?
The nature of granulomas is inflammation caused by delayed hypersensitivity, and macrophages and epithelioid cells play a major role in the immune response.
Therefore, granuloma can be understood as a well-circumscribed nodular lesion formed by accumulation of macrophages and their derived cells (e.g., epithelioid cells, multinucleated giant cells).
What is inguinal granuloma?
Inguinal granuloma (granuloma inguinale), also known as venereal granuloma, Donovan's granuloma or Donovan's disease, is a chronic, progressive granulomatous ulcer of the genitalia and its vicinity caused by infection with granulomatous capsulatum, which can be transmitted through sexual intercourse.
The main treatment method of inguinal granuloma is anti-infection, and the patients who have formed tissue destruction, scar and deformity in the late stage can be treated by surgery.
What Is The Cause Of Inguinal Granuloma
What reason is groin granuloma caused?
The causative agent of the inguinal granuloma is granulomatous capsulatum. The granulomatous capsulatum is pathogenic only in humans. The pathogen first formed a slowly progressing papule or subcutaneous nodule at the site of invasion, which later developed into an ulcer involving the surrounding tissue, and massive inflammatory cells in the final gathering formed granulomas.The causative agent of the inguinal granuloma is granulomatous capsulatum. The granulomatous capsulatum is pathogenic only in humans. The pathogen first formed a slowly progressing papule or subcutaneous nodule at the site of invasion, which later developed into an ulcer involving the surrounding tissue, and massive inflammatory cells in the final gathering formed granulomas.
In which population are inguinal granulomas common?
The disease is endemic and ethnic in origin and mainly occurs in tropical and subtropical regions. Common in India, Papua New Guinea, Australia, South Africa, Brazil, and other tropical and subtropical regions, occurring chiefly among black people. Only sporadic cases of inguinal granuloma have been reported in our country.
The disease is more common in men who have sex with men, so it is more common in men, with the ratio of men to women being about 2–3: 1, and it is more common at the sexually active age of 20–45 years old.
In addition, people with obvious anal or rectal rupture combined with other venereal diseases such as syphilis are more likely to get the disease.
Through which way can inguinal granuloma be transmitted?
Sexual contact is the main route of transmission of the disease, involving the external genitalia and its adjacent parts. Non-sexual contact infection is also possible, and extrapudendal lesions occur more frequently. It can also be infected through open trauma.
Who is the source of infection of groin granuloma?
The main sources of infection of this disease are patients with inguinal granulomas and carriers.
Is groin granuloma associated with aids?
Inguinal granuloma is a sexually transmitted disease that causes genital ulcers, and AIDS is a sexually transmitted disease, usually caused by HIV infection. Inguinal granulomas are not caused by HIV infection but can increase the risk of HIV transmission. There is evidence that clearing the inguinal granuloma may delay the spread of HIV infection.
What Symptom Does Groin Granuloma Have
Inguinal granuloma is good hair in which part?
- Inguinal granulomatous damage occurs frequently in the external genital area. For men, it is mainly found in the foreskin, coronal sulcus, frenum, glans penis and penis, while for women, it is mainly found in the labia majora, labia minora, frenum, perineum and cervix.
- Perianal region can be seen in both sexes, especially in homosexuals.
- Disseminated by blood and lymphatic channels, the disease can also spread to nose, lips, oropharynx, limbs, chest, abdomen, buttocks, internal organs such as colon, liver, kidney, epididymis, bone marrow, bone, joints such as orbital bone, tibia, clavicle, sacroiliac joint, etc.
What are the characteristics of skin damage caused by inguinal granuloma?
- Primary skin lesions often present as painless, small dark red papules on the external genital area that gradually develop into subcutaneous nodules about 0.5 cm in size.
- The nodules can ulcerate and form ulcers, which continue to develop and produce beef Red Velvet-like granulation tissue, which is often covered with serous purulent discharge and has a fetid odor.
- Severe tissue destruction can form fistulas that last for extended periods of time.
- Finally, hypertrophic keloid-like eminence is formed due to hyperplasia of fibrous tissues.
- In addition, scattered small satellite ulcers may appear around major skin lesions.
How long can ability come on after groin granuloma is contacted commonly?
Since the disease requires repeated contact to cause transmission, the incubation period is variable, ranging from 8 to 80 days, with an average of 17 days.
What disease can groin granuloma cause?
- Because of scar formation, it can lead to lymphatic obstruction and cause elephantiasis in the penis, scrotum, and vulva.
- Strictures of urethra, vagina, rectum or anus are caused by scar formation and tissue adhesion.
- Squamous cell carcinoma may occur as a result of prolonged persistence of ulcers and fistula scars.
- Local swelling of granulomas in the subcutaneous part of the groin can develop into granulomatous ulcers that persist for a long time.
How To Check For Inguinal Granuloma
What tests are needed for the diagnosis of inguinal granuloma?
Histopathological examination is a reliable method for the diagnosis of this disease, and thus the diagnosis of this disease often requires taking living tissues from the margin of skin lesion of a patient and histopathologically staining them. The diagnosis can be made once the characteristic Donovan bodies are detected.
In addition, cytology, bacterial culture, and the like are sometimes required to confirm the diagnosis.
How To Prevent Inguinal Granuloma
How does inguinal granuloma prevent?
- The first is to stay clean and not have sex with any partner other than your spouse.
- Second, sexual contact should be avoided until the patient and her partner are completely cured.
- Thirdly, diaphragm contraceptives such as condoms are used when having sexual relations or sexual contact with strangers.
- In addition, the patient's sexual partner to adhere to the examination and treatment.
How To Treat Inguinal Granuloma
What branch should inguinal granuloma see?
Can inguinal granuloma heal itself?
The disease can persist for several years or even more than ten years after being slow to recover.
How is groin granuloma treated?
- Systemic therapy: The primary treatment for inguinal granuloma is anti-infection. Since 1974, streptomycin has been widely used in India for the treatment of this disease. Use varied across countries, including chloramphenicol in Papua New Guinea, sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim in South Africa and thiamphenicol in Brazil.
- Local therapy: Local ulcer can be rinsed with potassium permanganate solution, normal saline or hydrogen peroxide solution, and then applied externally with antibiotic ointment. Dressing should be changed every day to keep the drainage unobstructed and the wound clean. Protective plaster can be applied externally around the ulcer to avoid autoinoculation.
- Surgical treatment: Advanced cases with tissue destruction, scar and deformity can be treated by surgery.
What Should Inguinal Granuloma Patient Notice In Life
What aspects should be noticed during the treatment of inguinal granuloma?
- Sexual partners who have sexual contact with the patient or have the same clinical manifestations should be treated simultaneously.
- Pregnant and lactating women should be treated with erythromycin.
- Follow-up should be performed during treatment until symptoms and signs disappear.
- Sexual life should be prohibited during treatment.
How to judge the treatment effect of groin granuloma?
Efficacy can be judged by whether the clinical manifestations improve or whether the Donovan bodies persist.
How did the inguinal granuloma end?
The early prognosis of this disease is good, and the damage can be completely healed. In the later stage, surgery is required due to the irregular destruction, scar and deformity of tissues. Stick to regular treatment and avoid giving up halfway. Go to the hospital for reexamination or evaluation after the treatment is completed. If symptoms persist or recur, seek immediate hospital attention.